Arch Linux GNOME crashes after installing Google Chrome

My Arch Linux with GNOME Desktop was running very well on my Virtualbox machine. Until I installed Google Chrome 55.0 on top of it. The Google Chrome installation itself run without problems and I also write a post about it. But, every time I run Google Chrome, the Arch Linux crashes and the main Virtualbox window also gone. No error message displayed, its just gone and I need to re open it from the start. Even after I restarted the host machine, this issue persist.

arch linux error

System details:

  • Arch Linux with Kernel 4.8.12-2
  • GNOME Shell 3.22.2
  • Virtualbox 5.1.12 on Windows 10 64 host.
  • Hardware virtualisation enabled on the host.
  • 5 GB RAM allocated for the vm
  • 3D display enabled with 128 MB allocated

So, I guest there is a problem with the system when Google Chrome is running.


EmoticonEmoticon